Don’t see your Illinois surety bond? Complete a general application and we’ll track down what you need.
Illinois Surety Bonds: Everything You Need to Know
If you are a business owner in Illinois, you may be required to obtain a surety bond. Surety bonds are financial instruments that guarantee the performance of a contract or the fulfillment of an obligation. They are often required by government agencies and other organizations to protect the public from financial losses.
There are many different types of surety bonds, but some of the most common in Illinois include:
- Contract bonds: These bonds guarantee that a contractor will complete a project on time and within budget.
- License and permit bonds: These bonds are required by many government agencies in order to obtain a license or permit to operate a business.
- Fidelity bonds: These bonds protect businesses from financial losses caused by employee dishonesty.
- Probate Court bonds: A fiduciary bond guarantees that a court-appointed fiduciary will perform all duties required of their appointed capacity.
- Civil Court Bonds: Courts in every jurisdiction throughout the United States have been requiring bonds to guarantee judgments rendered by the court
- Business Service Bond: For those that want to “be bonded” and there is no statutory surety bond requirement
How to obtain a surety bond in Illinois
To obtain a surety bond in Illinois, you must first contact a surety bond broker, like Surety1.com. Surety companies are licensed by the state to issue bonds. The bond rate is the percentage of the bond amount that you will pay as a premium.
Once you have been approved for a bond, you will need to pay the premium and sign a bond agreement. The bond agreement is a contract between you, the surety company, and the obligee (the person or organization that is requiring the bond).
How much does a surety bond cost in Illinois?
The cost of a surety bond in Illinois varies depending on the type of bond, the bond amount, and your creditworthiness. However, generally you can expect to pay between 1% and 3% of the bond amount as a premium.
Benefits of obtaining a surety bond in Illinois
There are many benefits to obtaining a surety bond in Illinois. Some of the key benefits include:
- Access to more business opportunities: Many government agencies and other organizations require businesses to have surety bonds in order to bid on contracts or obtain licenses and permits. By obtaining a surety bond, you will be able to compete for more business opportunities.
- Protection for your customers and clients: Surety bonds protect your customers and clients from financial losses if you do not fulfill your contractual obligations. This can help to build trust and confidence with your customers and clients.
- Peace of mind: Surety bonds can give you peace of mind knowing that your business is protected from financial losses.
Why Choose Surety1.com for your surety bond?
There are many reasons to choose Surety1.com for your surety bonds in Illinois:
- Wide range of bonds: Surety1.com offers a wide range of surety bonds, including contract bonds, license and permit bonds, fidelity bonds, and court bonds.
- Competitive rates: Surety1.com works with over a dozen A-rated surety markets to get you the best possible rates on your surety bonds.
- Fast and easy online application process: You can apply for a surety bond online in minutes. Surety1.com’s experienced bond agents will help you through the process and make sure you have the right bond for your needs.
- Excellent customer service: Surety1.com is committed to providing excellent customer service. Their bond agents are available to answer your questions and help you with your bonding needs.
Here are some specific reasons why Surety1.com is a good choice for Illinois businesses:
- We understand the Illinois surety bond market: Surety1.com has been issuing surety bonds in Illinois since 2003. We understand the requirements of the state and the different types of bonds that are required by Illinois businesses.
- We have a strong network of surety companies: Surety1.com works with over a dozen A-rated surety markets. This means that we can get you the best possible rates on your surety bonds, even if you have bad credit.
Benefits of Working With a Surety Bond Only Agency
If you are a business owner in Illinois, you may be required to obtain a surety bond. Surety bonds can help you to access more business opportunities, protect your customers and clients, and give you peace of mind. When choosing a surety company, it is important to consider the company’s reputation, experience, and price, Surety1.com checks all the boxes.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003. We also maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.