877-654-2327 All New Surety Bonds

877-930-8127 - Renewals Department
Surety1 was Founded in 2003.  Low-Cost Bond Provider.  Over 150,000 Happy Customers and Counting!   Apply For Your Bond >

H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond

Bond Requirements and Online Application

Click Here for a Free, No Obligation Quote

The H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond is required by the United States Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. The H-2A Farm Labor is a program that allows farmers to hire non-U.S. Citizens from other countries in order to meet the high demand for labor during harvest season. The H-2A temporary agricultural program allows agricultural employers who anticipate aH-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond shortage of domestic workers to bring non immigrant foreign workers to the U.S. to perform agricultural labor or services of a temporary or seasonal nature. Employment is of a seasonal nature where it is tied to a certain time of year by an event or pattern, such as a short annual growing cycle, and requires labor levels above what is necessary for ongoing operations. Read more about the H-2A Farm Labor Contractor requirements.

The Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA) protects migrant and seasonal agricultural workers by establishing employment standards. Any person who is subject to MSPA as a Farm Labor Contractor (FLC) must register with the Department.

The FLC must be issued an Farm Labor Contractor Certificate of Registration prior to starting any farm labor contracting activity. To obtain the Certificate of Registration, an H-2A Surety Bond will need to be provided.

What H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond Amount Do I Need?

  • $5,000 for a labor certification with fewer than 25 employees;
  • $10,000 for a labor certification with 25 to 49 employees;
  • $20,000 for a labor certification with 50 to 74 employees;
  • $50,000 for a labor certification with 75 to 99 employees; and
  • $75,000 for a labor certification with 100 or more employees.

What is the term of the H-2A Surety Bond?

The term of the H-2A surety bond must cover the term of the work contract period listed on the H-2A Application + 2 years. A copy of the accepted job offer (ETA form 790) will be required as part of the underwriting process.

The bond is to protect the H-2A workers from unscrupulous FLCs. This is not insurance. If there is a claim placed on your bond and you are found at fault, the surety company will pay out. However, unlike insurance, the applicant will have to pay the surety company back.

How do I get an H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond?

Simply complete our easy to use, online application and attach the ETA form 790. Then, within 1 business day, one of our surety bond agents will contact you with a firm quote. Sign some paperwork, make payment and your bond will be delivered USPS priority mail. Overnight shipping is also available.

Surety1 has been a premier provider  of surety bonds since 2003. In 2019, Surety1 joined AssuredPartners, a top 15 insurance brokerage firm.  Surety 1 maintains an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau and is licensed in all 50 states to handle all of your bond needs.

H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond

How to Get Your H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond

1. Complete an online application. It's free and no-obligation. 2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign. 3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your H-2A Farm Labor Contractor Bond!   If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
1. Apply Online Using our Free & Secure Application 2. Get Your Free Quote Applications are No-Obligation 3. Get Your Bond Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days