The Illinois Professional Fund Raiser’s Bond is required by the State of Illinois, Attorney General. The required bond amount is $10,000.
According to the 225 ILCS 460/1, a professional fundraiser is any person who, for compensation or other consideration, conducts, manages, or carries on any solicitation or fundraising drive or campaign in Illinois or on behalf of a charitable organization residing within Illinois for the purpose of soliciting, receiving, or collecting contributions for or on behalf of any charitable organization or any other person, or who engages in the business of, or holds himself out to persons in Illinois as independently engaged in the business of soliciting, receiving, or collecting contributions for such purposes.
All who wish to be in this profession must register with the Illinois Attorney General’s office.
What are the requirements that must be submitted in order to be a Professional Fundraiser in Illinois?
All who wish to be in this profession must submit the following requirements to the Office of the Illinois Attorney General Charitable Trust Bureau.
- $100.00 Registration Fee. Check or Money Order payable to “Illinois Charity Bureau Fund” attached to Form PFR-01.
- “Professional Fund Raiser Registration Statement” (Form PFR-01).
- “Professional Fund Raiser (PFR) List of Charities & Contracts” (Form PFR-06).
- A copy of all contracts listed on Form PFR-06 along with the $25.00 Filing Fee for Each Contract.
List of all business locations used for fundraising. (Attach a schedule indicating the street address, city, state).
- “Professional Solicitor Registration Statement” (Form PS-01) This Form must be filed for each Solicitor employed by the PFR.
- Partnership Agreement or Articles of Incorporation of Professional Fund Raiser.
Certificate of Authority to Transact Business in Illinois. This must be filed by out of state corporations only.
- “Professional Fund Raisers Bond” (Form CS-6) This Form must be filed by all Professional Fund Raisers that have access to or control of funds raised
Where can I get an Illinois Professional Fundraiser’s Bond?
Here at Surety Solutions Insurance Services, Inc, we only need a completed online application form and your surety bond may get approved within just one business day. After submitting the form, wait for a call from one of our licensed agents who will give a price for the bond premium. Once you have paid the premium and signed the agreement, we will send you the surety bond right away. With our years of experience and excellent service, you can be sure of fast and friendly service for all your surety bond needs here at Surety1. Surety1 has been licensed in all 50 states since 2003 and is proud to maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.