Click Here for a Free, No Obligation Quote
A Guardianship Surety Bond is required when you have been appointed to protect the assets of a minor until they reach adulthood or “majority.” The bond ensures that the minor’s finances are handled properly.
Difference Between a Guardianship and Other Similar Bonds
A guardianship bond is very similar to the administrator, executor, conservatorship, and trustee bonds, with the following differences.
- Administrator: Principal has been appointed to handle the estate of the deceased.
- Executor: Principal has been appointed through a will to handle the estate of the deceased (and you must submit a copy of the will.)
- Conservatorship: Principal has been appointed by the courts to handle the assets of a person who has been declared unable to handle their own affairs.
- Guardianship: Principal has been appointed to protect the assets of a minor until they reach majority.
- Trustee: Principal has been appointed through a trust to handle the estate of the deceased (and you must submit a copy of the trust.)
The cost of this bond is based on personal credit. Our markets require that your FICO to be 650 or above. Surety1 only runs a soft inquiry on your credit, meaning that the pull will not affect your credit score.
To process your bond, we’ll need a copy of the proposed order from the court that specifies the bond requirements and amount.
In order to find out if you qualify for a guardianship surety bond, all we need is a completed online application.
All 50 States
We are licensed surety experts for all 50 US states. We can get you set up with a court bond no matter what state, county, or city you live in.
How to Get Your Guardianship Surety Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.