An Executor Surety Bond is a bond that is required by a probate court when a person has been appointed through a will to handle the estate of the deceased. To receive this bond, you must provide a copy of the will. The purpose of the bond is to ensure the proper administration of the estate.
Difference Between an Executor and Other Similar Bonds
An executor bond is very similar to the administrator, conservatorship, guardianship, and trustee bonds, with the following differences.
- Administrator: Principal has been appointed to handle the estate of the deceased.
- Executor: Principal has been appointed through a will to handle the estate of the deceased (and you must submit a copy of the will.)
- Conservatorship: Principal has been appointed by the courts to handle the assets of a person who has been declared unable to handle their own affairs.
- Guardianship: Principal has been appointed to protect the assets of a minor until they reach majority.
- Trustee: Principal has been appointed through a trust to handle the estate of the deceased (and you must submit a copy of the trust.)
The cost of the Executor Surety Bond is based on personal credit. Our markets require that your FICO to be 650 or above. Surety1 only runs a soft inquiry on your credit, meaning that the pull will not affect your credit score.
To process your bond, we’ll need a copy of the proposed order from the court that specifies the bond requirements and amount. You must also provide a copy of the will. Both of these items may be provided after you submit your online application. One of our surety experts will contact you with information on how to send in these documents.
All 50 States
We are licensed surety experts for all 50 US states. We can get you set up with a court bond no matter what state, county, or city you live in.
How to Get Your Executor Surety Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.