The Georgia Department of Revenue requires Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License Bonds for any entity wishing to obtain an alcohol importer license in this state. The entity must obtain any combination of the three Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License Bonds, depending on what kinds of products they are importing:
What are the requirements in order to get a Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License?
In addition to obtaining the necessary Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License Bonds listed above, the applicant must submit the following in order to obtain an Importer License:
- ATT-17 Georgia Alcohol & Tobacco Personnel Statement (requires notarization)
- Scanned copy of current annual registration from the GA Secretary of State
- Citizenship Affidavit along with secure and verifiable documents, i.e. government issued photo ID (requires notarization)
- Scanned copy of Federal Basic Permit
- Scanned copy of Local License
- Scanned copy of Lease or Deed
- ATT-104 Brand & Label Registration and Designation of Sales Territory
- Power of Attorney (if applicable)
- Financial Affidavit
- Fees: $500 for importers of wine or malt beverages, $1,000 for importers of distilled beverages
More information about the licensing and bonding requirements for a Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License can be found on the GA Department of Revenue website.
Where can I get the Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License Bonds?
Once you have determined which of the three Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License Bonds you need, simply submit a separate application for each bond! One of our licensed agents will contact you within one business day with a quote for the price to obtain your bond(s) (the “premium(s)”). If you choose to move forward after receiving your quote, we will have you sign any necessary paperwork and remit the premium payment, at which time we will ship your completed Georgia (Alcohol) Importers License Bonds to you via USPS Priority Mail (with overnight shipping options also available).
Why choose Surety1?
At Surety1, our agents work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we are finding you the lowest price for your bond. We’ve been issuing surety bonds since 2003 and our quality, reliable service has led us to an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau! Licensed in all 50 states.