The Washington State Department of Labor and Industries defines a farm labor contractor as an individual, firm, partnership, corporation or government agency that recruits, solicits, employs, supplies, transports, or hires agricultural workers for a fee. If you wish to practice this professionally, you will need to be licensed by the department. To obtain that license you will need to provide a Washington Farm Labor Contractor Bond. This is a type of surety bond. In addition to the bond the requirements for application are the following:
- A Washington State business license issued from the Washington State Business Licensing Service.
- A filled out farm labor contractor license application form.
- Certifications for tax compliance.
- If you will be providing transportation for your employees, you will also need to show proof of auto liability insurance. The coverage required is $50,000 injury or damage to property, $100,000 for injury, damage or death to any one person, and $500,000 for injury, damage, or death to more than one person.
What Surety Bond Amount do I Need?
The amount of the bond is determined by how many employees the farm labor contractor has.
- $5,000 bond for 1 – 10 employees.
- $10,000 for 11 – 50 employees.
- $15,000 for 51 – 100 employees.
- $20,000 for 100 or more employees.
Where can I get a Washington Farm Labor Contractor Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Pour simple 3 step process is:
- Apply for the bond using our easy to navigate and secure to use online application
- Review your free, no obligation quote from one of our surety bond professional agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the surety bond premium.
Once these steps have been completed, the Washington Farm Labor Contractor Bond be shipped via USPS priority mail. It then must be signed and submitted to the Washington State Department of Labor and Industries. Overnight delivery is also available.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003. We also maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.