The Oregon Farm Labor Contractor Bond is a type of surety bond required by the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries. The bond states that the Bondholder shall pay all sums due on wage claims of employees. In addition, it guarantees compliance with Labor code & payment of all damages to any person for failure to do so.
The Farm Labor Contractor Bond shall be in the following amounts:
- $10,000 if no more than 20 employees
- $30,000 if 21 or more employees
Who needs an Oregon Farm Labor Contractor Bond?
An individual who bids on contracts or recruits or supplies, for compensation, workers for the production of farm crops must apply for a Farm Labor Contractors License. The Labor Contractor bond is one of the licensing requirements.
Other Licensing Requirements:
- Payment for the license fee
- Completed application form
- Colored 2×2 passport photographs
- IRS Tax Compliance Certification
- Oregon Department of Revenue Tax Compliance Certification
- Oregon Employment Department of Tax Compliance Certification
- Vehicle information sheet if applicable
- Vehicle Insurance Certificate
- Certificate of Worker’s Compensation Insurance
- Copy of lease contract if using leased employees
- Employee sponsorship statement
How to obtain an Oregon Farm Labor Contractor Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, 3 step process is as follows:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Oregon Farm Labor Contractor Bond will be shipped for the required original signature. Overnight delivery is available for an additional fee.
1 – The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003 and maintains an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.