The Nevada Bail Agent Surety Bond is a type of surety bond required by the Division of Insurance, State of Nevada. Pursuant to NRS 697.190, applicants for a bail agent license must provide a $50,000 surety bond. The bond states that the bondholder shall perform the duties of a bail agent as provided in Chapter 697 of the NRS. The cost of the surety bond is usually between 1% and 3% of the bond amount. Surety1 will shop its many markets to procure the right price at the right terms.
Looking for a Nevada Bail Solicitor Bond? Click Here
How to Get a Nevada Bail Agent Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Nevada Bail Agent Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
Nevada Bail Agent Qualifications & Requirements
General Agent – for all qualified individuals who are appointed by an insurer to supervise or manage the bail bond business.
A general agent applicant must be at least 18 years old and have an appointment by an authorized insurer as General Agent. They must also have a copy of the contract or agreement that authorizes the General Agent to act as General Agent for the insurer. All applicants must also have proof that they completed the 6-hour Nevada State Bail Pre-licensing education. The following documents that required for submission are as listed:
- Application form 327, plus the fee of $185
- Local Law Enforcement Printout from county of applicants residence.
- File a DBA with Secretary of State, if possible
- Electronic fingerprint receipt
- $50,000 surety bond
Agency for Bail – for any qualified firm who has designated each natural person to exercise the authority granted and is appointed by an insurer to supervise or manage the bail bond business.
To be qualified, you must have an appointment by an authorized insurer as General Agent. They must also have a copy of the contract or agreement that authorized the General Agent to act as a General Agent for the insurer, and provide articles from the Nevada Secretary of State showing registration. The required documents, which must be uploaded to SIRCON, are the following:
- A signed, notarized statement from the applicant
- Fiduciary Account or Remittance Statement
- Financial Statement
- Certificate of License status for non-Nevada residents
- $235 fee
- State of Nevada appointment and Termination Form, plus $15 fee