Click Here to Apply Now
The Nebraska Collection Agency Bond is a type of surety bond required by the Nebraska Collection Agency Licensing Board to obtain a collection agency license in the state. While the bond is a requirement of the state, the licensing is managed by the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) and the surety bond will be filed electronically by Surety1.com with the NMLS
A collection agency license is required of:
- All persons, firms, corporations, and associations directly or indirectly engaged in soliciting, from more than one person, firm, corporation, or association, claims of any kind owed or due or asserted to be owed or due such solicited person, firm, corporation, or association, and all persons, firms, corporations, and associations directly or indirectly engaged in asserting, enforcing, or prosecuting such claims.
- Any person, firm, corporation, or association which, in attempting to collect or in collecting his, her, or its own accounts or claims, uses a fictitious name or any name other than his, her, or its own name which would indicate to the debtor that a third person is collecting or attempting to collect such account or claim.
- Any person, firm, corporation, or association which attempts to or does give away or sell to any person, firm, corporation, or association, other than one licensed under the act, any system or series of letters or forms for use in the collection of accounts or claims which assert or indicate, directly or indirectly, that the claim or account is being asserted or collected by any other person, firm, corporation, or association other than the creditor or owner of the claim or demand.
Only collection agencies located in the state of Nebraska are required to obtain a license. Per Nebraska Statutes 45-601
“Nothing in the act shall be construed to prohibit a person, firm, corporation, or association regulated as a collection agency in another state and residing in another state from communicating with a debtor in this state.”
The license authorizes Third party debt collection and directly or indirectly collecting or receiving payment for others of any delinquent account, bill, claim or
other indebtedness (not including mortgage indebtedness).
Required by: The Nebraska Collection Agency Licensing Board
|Surety Bond Amount|
|16 + Solicitors||$15,000|
This bond guarantees that the principle will abide by all Nebraska state laws outlined in Neb. Rev. Stat. § 45-601 to 623.
The applicant should verify the bond amount with the obligee before applying for the bond to ensure the bond amount is correct.
Nebraska Collection Agency License Requirements
Surety1 is not directly involved with the licensing process, but we’ve compiled this information which may helpful for you. State licensing fees and requirements:
- Nebraska Collection Agency Bond
- License application
- Supporting documents for application (listed on official page)
- Personal and business financial statements
- List of solicitors/collectors to be licensed
- $200 license application fee
- $200 investigation fee
All licensing fees are required by the obligee, not the surety company. For more licensing click to access the NMLA license checklist.
How to Obtain a Nebraska Collection Agency Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Nebraska Collection Agency Bond will be filed electronically by Surety1.com with the NMLS.
1- The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
For a list of states that require collection agency bonds, visit our collection agency guide page.
How to Get Your Nebraska Collection Agency Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.