Click Here to Apply Online
The Colorado Collection Agency Bond is a type of surety bond and it guarantees that debt collectors will abide by all state and federal laws. The bond is a type of surety bond and protects the public legally and financially if the collector breaks the law when dealing with the public. If the principle acts against the bond, the state has the legally ability to cancel the bond and revoke the business license.
Typically, the bond amount is determined by factors such as the number of agency employees, how much revenue is expected, and the population the agency will be serving, among others. The bond premium (the cost to you) is only a small fraction of the bond amount. Surety1 works to get you the lowest possible premium for your bond.
- Required by: State of Colorado Department of Law
- Minimum Bond Amount: $12,000
- Maximum Bond Amount: $20,000
- Valid: Continuous – Renewable
The applicant should verify the bond amount with the obligee before applying for the bond to ensure the bond amount is correct.
This bond guarantees that the principle will abide by all Colorado state laws outlined in the Colorado Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
Since this bond is continuous, it remains in full force and effect until cancelled. If the bond is cancelled, the obligee must be notified of the cancellation at least 30 days before the cancellation date.
Colorado Collection Agency License Requirements
Surety1 is not directly involved with the licensing process, but we’ve compiled this information which may helpful for you.
State licensing fees and requirements:
- Surety bond
- License application
- Supporting documents for application (listed on official page)
- $500 investigation fee
- Financial statements
- Bank account information
- $1,000 new license fee
- Certificate of good standing
All licensing fees are required by the obligee, not the surety company.
How do I apply for a Colorado Collection Agency Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to apply for your surety bonds. Our 3 step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Colorado Collection Agency Bond will be delivered via traceable mail. Overnight delivery is also available
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
For a list of states that require collection agency bonds, visit our collection agency guide page.
How to Get Your Colorado Collection Agency Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.