Auctioneers in Ohio are required to hold a license from the Ohio Department of Agriculture. In order to become a licensed auctioneer you must
- Serve a one year apprenticeship,
- Act as a bid caller in twelve auctions
- Attend an approved auction school before applying for the auctioneer license.
- Take and pass the auctioneer exam
- Provide a surety bond in the amount of $25,000
The cost of the Ohio Auctioneer Surety Bond is as low as $125.00 per year. There is a statutory renewal date of June 30 and Surety1 can provide a quote the same day the bond is applied for.