Click here to apply for your bond
The State of Wyoming Department of Revenue requires a Non-Resident Contractors Sale and Use Tax Bond for all non-resident general or prime contractor. A general or prime contractor can be any of the following:
- Any person who agrees with the owner or lessee of real property in this state to perform services or furnish materials and services for the construction, alteration, improvement or repair of real property in this state; or
- Any person who acts in behalf of the owner or lessee of real property in this state to arrange for the furnishing of services or the furnishing of materials and services for the construction, alteration, improvement or repair of real property in this state; or
- Any person who owns or leases real property in this state for the purpose of developing that property and in the development thereof alters or makes improvements to the property or contracts for the alteration or improvement of the property.
What is the purpose of the Non-Resident Contractor Sale and Use Tax Bond?
The bond is in place to secure the payment by a principal of any sales tax or use tax, penalty and interest, which may accrue to the State of Wyoming in the performance of any contract.
The amount of the bond may vary. For bonds covering a single contract, the bond must be equal to three percent plus the increased rate due under the contract or an amount determined by the department. Multiple contracts may file a bond worth $1,000,000.
How do I obtain a Wyoming Non-Resident Contractors Sale and Use Tax Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your Wyoming Non-Resident Contractors Sale and Use Tax Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.