Click to Apply Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond!
Motor vehicle dealers in the state are required to post a Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond as part of the process to license the dealership. The amount of the bond depends on what type of vehicles are to be sold, the amount of vehicles you plan to sell, and other factors. Read our Car Dealer License Guide to learn more about how to get your dealership licensed and bonded.
- Required by: Motor Vehicle Services Division of the Wyoming Department of Transportation
- Bond Amount: $25,000
- NEW APPLICANTS – Do not have the surety bond executed until you have been notified your license application has been approved.
The price for the bond, also known as the bond premium, is only a small fraction of the bond amount. The Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond guarantees the principal will abide by all Wyoming state laws and regulations.
Surety1 is not directly involved with the licensing process, but we’ve compiled this information which may helpful for you.
State licensing fees and requirements:
- Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
- License application
- Supporting application documents
- Background check
- Sales and use tax license
- $100 license fee (12+ vehicles sold annually)
- $25 license fee (12 or less vehicles sold annually)
- $39 fingerprinting fee
All licensing fees are required by the obligee, not the surety company.
For more licensing information, visit Wyoming’s official site.
What name goes on the bond?
The name on the bond must be exactly how it is listed with the Wyoming Secretary of State, including capitalization, punctuation, abbreviations, symbols, etc. To check how the business is listed
please visit: https://wyobiz.wy.gov/Business/FilingSearch.aspx. B
How to apply for a Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to apply for your surety bond. Simply complete our user friendly online application. Then, one of our surety bond agents will contact you with a free, no obligation quote. Sign some paperwork, make payment (all major credit cards accepted) and your bond will be delivered to you via traceable mail. Overnight delivery is also available. Once you receive the Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond, check it for accuracy, sign it and turn it into the Wyoming DOT.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners, one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the country. Surety1 has been the premier, online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003. The agency is licensed in all 50 states and maintains an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your Wyoming Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.