The Wyoming Fuel Tax Bond is required by the Wyoming Department of Transportation. The bond is required to help secure the payment of any money due of Fuel Taxes, Penalties, or Interest which may accrue to the State of Wyoming and guarantee the return of the license(s). The amount of the bond is set in the sum of $50,000 or the equivalent of the licensee’s tax ability for six months, whichever is greater.
What is the purpose of a Wyoming Fuel Tax Bond?
The surety bond is a requirement for all those who would like to obtain a Motor Fuel License. These can be any of the following:
- Supplier – a person that is subject to fuel tax laws of the state, registered with the IRS for transactions of motor fuel in the bulk transfer/terminal distribution system
- Distributor – any person, who, other than a dealer, receives fuel or blends fuel for distribution or resale in this state.
- Importer – any person, other than a supplier, who purchases fuel outside of Wyoming for the purpose of transporting or delivering the fuel in to the state for sale, use or distribution.
- Exporter – any person other than a supplier, who purchases fuel inside Wyoming for the purpose of transporting or delivering the fuel to another state or jurisdiction.
- Aside from the bond, applicants must submit a completed application and $25 annual fee for the license per fuel type.
How do I obtain a Wyoming Fuel Tax Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.