The Wyoming Certificate Title Bond is required by the Wyoming Department of Transportation. The bond states that the bondholder shall indemnify and hold harmless any person who shall suffer any loss or damage by reason of issuance of the Certificate of Title.
What is the bond amount?
The bond amount shall be twice the retail value of the vehicle. Vehicles valued at less than $2,500 do not need to submit a bond.
Choose one of the following methods to establish the retail value of the vehicle:
- Current National Appraisal guide (Kelly Blue Book or NADA)
- Current or past registration
- A licensed Wyoming Vehicle Dealer
What is the purpose of a Wyoming Certificate Title Bond?
The Wyoming Certificate Title Bond is necessary when an individual requests a duplicated title or has not been able to furnish a prior Certificate of Title. There is no other evidence of ownership that satisfies the county clerk that the applicant owns the vehicle.
Aside from the surety bond, the following conditions should also be met:
- An Affidavit of Ownership form must be filled out
- A Vehicle Identification number inspection is completed by law enforcement
- A Bonded Title Search form must be completed
- Contact any lien holders identified via certified letter to request liens to be released (if applicable)
- Contact the previous owner via certified letter to request that a title be established and properly executed, transferring ownership to you
- Establish the retail value of the vehicle
- Contact the local county clerk’s office to see if you meet the requirements for a bonded title
How do I get a Wyoming Certificate Title Bond?
It is easy to obtain your surety bond. First, start the process by completing our easy to navigate, free online application form. Then, after your application has been submitted, one of our surety agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote on the bond premium. After that, once you are ready to move forward, you just need to pay the premium and sign the agreement. Lastly, your Wyoming Certificate Title bond will be mailed to you by USPS Priority Mail. Overnight delivery is also available for an additional fee.
Surety1 has been in the business since 2003. We are licensed in all 50 states and our services have earned an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.