A Wisconsin Driving School Bond binds the surety company and the bond holder to the Wisconsin Department of Transportation. This bond is to ensure that the bond holder, or principal, complies with the licensing requirements in the State of Wisconsin. These bonds protect students (or legal representatives of students) who may suffer loss as a result of fraudulent behavior on the part of the driver school instructor. The amount for the bond depends on the size of the school and points assesses during the last previous license period. The initial bond is based on 0 demerit points and the number of students:
- 0 – 300 students =$5,000
- 301 – 1100 = $10,000
- 1101 or more = $15,000
Additional Licensing Requirements
- Application Form (MV3110)
- Copy of insurance policy (standard liability and vehicle)
- Application(s) for instructors
- Contract/agreement (school must develop)
- Fee Schedule (school must develop)
- Copy of form used to record student records (school must develop)
- Driver Training School Office Certification
- Include a diagram of office on the reverse side of the form per WI Stat 343.61(2)(a)3
- Driver Training School Classroom Certification
- Include a diagram of each classroom location on the reverse side of the form per WI Stat 343.61(2)(a)3
- Course Summary for each type of lesson being offered
- Vehicle Record if behind-the-wheel instruction is offered
How do I obtain a Wisconsin Driving School Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate and secure online application. Usually within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003 and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.