The State of West Virginia Department of Tax and Revenue requires a West Virginia Wine Supplier Bond in the amount of $10,000. Wine suppliers shall obtain a bond, insurance policy, indemnity contract, or other contract, protecting and indemnifying the state against any and all loss or damage that may be occasioned by the failure of the employee faithfully to perform the duties pertaining to his employment, and to account for, pay over, and deliver to the proper officer or agent of the commission or state all money and other property which may come into his custody or under his control by virtue of his employment.
What are the requirements that must be met in order to be a West Virginia Wine Supplier?
All applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application form
- If an Association – a copy of the Certificate of Authority and Agreement of Association
- If a Limited Liability Company – a copy of the Certificate of Authority and Agreement of Organization
- If a Corporation – a copy of the Certificate of Authority and Agreement of Organization
- A copy of the applicant’s federal permit, as required under the Federal Alcohol Administration Act
- A copy of West Virginia business license registration
- If out-of-state entity, a copy of current wine license from state of domicile
- A letter of Good Standing from the WV State Tax Department and if an out-of-state entity, a letter of good standing from the state of domicile (Forms to request a Letter of Good Standing from WV are included with this packet)
- If applying as a resident Distillery or Mini Distillery – submit copies of all documents which have been submitted to the Trade Tax Bureau (TTB), along with documentation of the inspection report and approval
How do I obtain a West Virginia Wine Supplier Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.