Click here to apply for your bond
The State of West Virginia Division of Highways requires a West Virginia Highway Encroachment Bond to ensure that the principal shall properly repair any and all damages that may result to said bridges, roads, highways, shoulders, and ditches, upon which it may perform work, to as good condition as when same was entered upon, as determined by the District Engineer of The West Virginia Division of Highways. The principal shall reimburse The West Virginia Division of Highways for all inspection costs incurred by it in connection with said work and repairs of such damages. The cost of the bond may vary as it will be determined by the Department.
Are there additional requirements that must submitted in order to receive a permit?
In addition to the surety bond, applicants for an encroachment permit must also submit or comply with the following:
- Completed permit application form
- Agreement to reimburse the Division for inspection costs. The calculation is found on the permit application form
- Notify the division at least 48 hours before the date the work will begin
- Agree to protect its employees, equipment and users and comply with all applicable state and federal laws
How do I obtain a West Virginia Highway Encroachment Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your West Virginia Highway Encroachment Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.