The Virginia Professional Solicitor Bond is required by the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services to be in the amount of $20,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall reimburse the Commonwealth of Virginia and the citizens for any penalties or losses resulting from malfeasance, nonfeasance, or misfeasance in the conduct of charitable solicitation activities by the bondholder.
License fees and additional requirements
- Remittance form and check for $500, plus $250 late fee if applicable, made payable to “Treasurer of Virginia.”
- Listing of officers and directors or partners.
- Copies of any applicable Court Orders.
- A listing of any organizations and/or persons under your direction and copies of all related contracts.
- A statement describing the facts surrounding past denial(s) of licenses, registrations, etc.
- Current Year: A list of the names and addresses of all charitable and civic organizations with which your organization has current contracts and list the dates (from mo/yr, to mo/yr) that each contract covers, for which solicitations for contributions will occur in Virginia.
- Past Year: A list of the names and addresses of all charitable and civic organizations for which you solicited in the past 12 months in Virginia.
- Copy of signed contract(s) between your organization and each charitable or civic organization.
- List of the full names and home addresses of all individuals employed by the organization to supervise the solicitation of contributions occurring in Virginia, and the terms of their remuneration
How do I obtain a Virginia Professional Solicitor Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.