The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services requires every private security firm to post the Virginia Private Security Bond. The Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services requires the Virginia Private Security Bond be posted in the amount of $100,000. However, this bond will not cost $100,000 to obtain. The cost of this bond to you will be a percentage of the bond amount. We can assure you that our rates here at Surety1 costs lower than other companies.
License application process
- Create an account at this website
- Submit a criminal history processing form (for principal and supervisor)
- Submit an Electronic Security Personnel or Supervisor Application Processing Form
- Submit documentation of Certification of Insurance showing a policy of comprehensive general liability insurance with a minimum coverage of $1,000,000. or a surety bond.
- Submit an Irrevocable Consent for Service for each non-resident applicant
- Have an Identification number from the Virginia State Corporation Commission
How do I obtain a Virginia Private Security Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.