Third Party Administrator Program Bond – Florida DHSMV
The Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) uses a web-based application for the administration of Class E Knowledge and Driving Skills Exams called the Automated Driver License Testing System (ADLTS). ADLTS is used by Florida driver license offices and tax collector offices offering driver license services, as well as third party administrators who are contracted with DHSMV to provide Class E exam services. A class E license in Florida is a license issued to most Florida drivers operating a non-commercial motor vehicles with Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) less than 26,001 pounds, including passenger cars, 15-passenger vans including the driver, trucks or recreational vehicles and two or three wheel motor vehicles 50 cc or less, such as mopeds or small scooters. Also included are farmers and drivers of authorized emergency vehicles who are exempt from obtaining a commercial driver license. Below is some information on how to participate in the Third Party Administrator Program Bond – Florida DHSMV.
How to Become a Class E Third Party Administrator for Driver License Testing
- Indicate the service(s) you are requesting on the first page.
Performance Bond for Third Party Administrator Program Bond – Florida DHSMV($200,000 each service)
Contracts for Third Party Administrator Program Bond – Florida DHSMV
Certificate of Incorporation/Certificate of Fictitious Name
- Corporate information is required for both the parent and subsidiary companies (d/b/a), if applicable.
Commercial General Liability Insurance Requirements
- Certificate must state “30-day notice will be given to Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) in the event of policy cancellation.”
- Required Liability Limits
- $1,000,000 each occurrence
- $2,000,000 per aggregate
Automobile Liability Insurance Requirement
(Required if company vehicles are used to conduct the Class E Driving Skills Examination Services)
- Minimum Limits of Liability
- $10,000 PIP
- $20,000 PDL
- $10,000 BIL
Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Required Policy Limits
- $100,000 liability limit for each accident
- $500,000 policy limit
- $100,000 each employee
- Workers’ Compensation Exemption Certifications
- Exemption certifications can be accepted in lieu of the required policy limits noted above; however, exemptions will only be accepted for companies with a single owner; sole proprietorship. If your company plans to have more than one employee involved with any of the Class E Knowledge and Driving Skills Exam services, you will be required to secure workers’ compensation insurance as required by contract.
Business Model Summary – requested in the Application for Authority to Conduct Third Party Driver License Testing
- Business Model Summary Template This template should be used for information only and is not intended to provide the exact language for your business model. The business model should detail the manner in which your company plans to provide Class E Driving Skills Exam services.
Hold Harmless Endorsement
- The following statement will need to be provided on your company letterhead and signed and dated by a company executive or corporate officer: “[your company name (in full) here] indemnifies and holds harmless the state of Florida, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV) and DHSMV employees from and against all losses, claims, demands, payments, suits, actions, recoveries and judgments of every nature and description brought or recoverable against it or them by reason of any act or omission of the third party administrator or the third party administrator’s agents, examiners, or other employees in execution of the work or in consequence of any negligence or carelessness in guarding the same.”
Employee Qualifications for Third Party Administrator Program – Florida DHSMV
- All employees must possess a valid Class E Driver License or its equivalent with no cancellations, no suspensions and no revocations of the driving privilege for a minimum of three years prior to and for the duration of the Contract for Class E Knowledge and Driving Skills Examination Services.
- All employees must maintain a driving record with no more than three chargeable motor vehicle crashes or any violations defined in chapter 316, Florida Statutes, during any consecutive three year period during the term of the Contract for Class E Knowledge and Driving Skills Examination Services.
Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) Fingerprint-Based Background Check (all employees)
- No employees can have any criminal convictions for
- Offenses bearing on his or her ability to fill a position of trust, including, but not limited to, alcohol or drug-related offenses within 10 years prior to the date of submission of the Application for Authority to Conduct Third Party Driver License Testing.
- Any misdemeanor involving dishonesty or false statement at any time.
- Any felony at any time.
- Fingerprint ORI Code FL924360Z for LiveScan
Solutions Thru Software Contract (required) – Solutions Thru Software is the only software vendor available to interested third parties who wish to participate in the Third Party Administrator Program – Florida DHSMV
Route Requirements and Approvals
Class E Driving Skills 5-day Training Required
How to get your Third Party Administrator Program Bond – Florida DHSMV
1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Concessionaires Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327