The Texas Secretary of State requires the Texas Veterans Organization Solicitation Bond. Veterans organizations must register with the Secretary of State to legally to business in Texas. Veterans organizations that use a solicitor are required to additionally post a surety bond on file with the Texas Secretary of State. The bond amount for the Texas Veterans Organization Solicitation Surety Bond will vary depending upon the type of organization and the number of counties the organization will solicit.
By the direction of the Secretary of State, the bond amount will adhere to the following schedule:
- If the United States Congress charters the veterans organization, the required bond amount is $1,000.
- If the United States Congress does not charter the veterans organization, the amount of the bond is:
- $5,000 if the organization solicits in not more than one county
- $10,000 if the organization solicits in more than one county but fewer than six counties
- $25,000 if the organization solicits in more than five counties
Additional Requirements for Registration
- File a registration statement with the Secretary of State
- Pay the $150 filing fee
How do I obtain a Texas Veterans Organization Solicitation Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.