The Texas Athlete Agent Surety Bond is required by the Texas Secretary of State.
The Texas Secretary of State requires that the Texas Athlete Agent Surety Bond be at least in the amount of $50,000. However, if the agent provides financial services or enters into a financial services contract with an athlete, the requirement for the surety bond jumps to $100,000.
CLICK HERE to view a copy of the Financial Services version of the Surety Bond
Agents seeking to get this bond do not have to pay the full bond amount unless there are significant claims placed on the bond once it is obtained. The upfront cost is only a premium.
The Texas Athlete Agent Surety Bond states that the bond principal, the person or entity that buys that bond, must:
- faithfully discharge all obligations, duties, and responsibilities
- pay any administrative penalty
- pay damages awarded to an institution of higher education or an athlete as a result of the agent offering or providing a thing of value to an athlete or family member of the athlete.
If an agent does not adhere to these standards, a claim may be placed on the bond.
CLICK HERE to view Frequently Asked Questions about the Form Series of Athlete Agents
How to obtain a Texas Athlete Agent Surety Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Surety Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.