Click here to apply for your bond
The Tennessee Postsecondary Educational Institutions Bond is required by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission for all postsecondary educational institutions. These are academic, vocational, technical, online/distance learning, business, professional, or other school, college, or university, or other organization or person, offering educational credentials, or offering instruction or educational services primarily to persons who have completed or terminated their secondary education or who are beyond the age of compulsory high school attendance, for the attainment of educational, professional, or vocational objectives. The bond is required to be in the amount of $10,000 for in-state institutions and the amount of $20,000 for out-of-state institutions. The bond states that non-exempt postsecondary school or college shall indemnify any student or enrollee or his parent or guardian, or class thereof, determined to have suffered loss or damage as a result of any act or practice which is a violation of Section 49-7-2001, et. seq.
- Name of the institution
- Evidence of a business account
- Description of the ownership
- Address and general description of the facilities
- Evidence that the location is commercially zoned
- Qualifications for instructional staff and supervisors
- Contact information for an institutional director
- A description of the administrative structure
- A copy of the enrollment agreement
- A copy of the pre-enrollment checklist
- A copy of the institutional catalog
- A copy of the student transfer of credit closure statement
- Financial statements
- Other requirements that may be required by the Commission staff
Where can I get a Tennessee Postsecondary Educational Institutions Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your Tennessee Postsecondary Educational Institutions Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.