The Maryland State Highway Administration Bond is required in order to obtain a permit to construct. The bond states that the bondholder shall, in all respects, comply with the terms and obligations thereunder, well and truly and in a manner satisfactory to the SHA complete the work, and save harmless the SHA and the State of Maryland from any expense incurred through the failure of the bondholder to comply with the terms and conditions of the same permit, or from any damages growing out of the negligence. Surety1 can write this bond with same day approval with just a completed online application.
What are the other requirements that must be submitted?
The Maryland Department of Transportation State Highway Administration requires that anyone accessing a state highway from private property should apply for an entrance permit.
Before you submit a completed application form, please make sure to comply with the following requirements:
- The plans have been reviewed and approved by the applicable MD SHA District Office.
- Approved construction plans are attached (14 sets) – see page 2 of application.
- The construction estimate was approved and a bond, letter of credit, or certified check is attached.
- The correct SHA Tracking Number is referenced on this application and all documents.
- All fees (Signal, Inspection, etc.) have been confirmed by the District Office and are attached.
- The name on the surety (if applicable) matches the name of the applicant or property owner.
- All certified checks and/or cashier’s checks include a federal ID number / SSN and SHA Tracking No.
- If right of way or easement is required, SHA-format right of way plats have been issued and are attached.
How can I get my Maryland State Highway Administration Bond?
Surety1 can get you your bond quickly and affordably. Start by completing our easy-to-use online application. Within 1 business day, an agent will be in touch with you with a free quote. Then choose your shipping option, sign some important paperwork, and receive your surety bond!
Surety1 has been issuing surety bonds for Maryland since 2003, and we are rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau for our outstanding service. We are licensed to issue surety bonds for all 50 states.