The South Dakota Money Lending Company Bond is required by the Division of Banking. The bond states that the bondholder shall faithfully perform their duties and in all things comply with the laws and regulations, including all amendments thereto, pertaining to the license applied for. The amount of the bond is set at $10,000 for the first license and an additional $2,500 for each additional license.
What are the additional requirements that must be submitted?
Aside from the surety bond and completed application form, the following must be attached to the application:
- A list of all states in which the applicant is licensed
- Verification of licensure and a certificate of good standing
- Resume for the person(s) responsible
- Include signed or audited financial statements of Applicant for the current and past four years.
- A description of the business history and current operations of the Applicant.
- Provide a copy of the strategic plan/ business plan.
- Provide a copy of the loan policy, a copy of OFAC, BSA/ AML, Consumer Financial Information Privacy compliance policies, a blank copy of loan contracts and disclosures for each loan product offered.
- If you do not have a business location in South Dakota you must appoint a registered agent with a South Dakota address to accept service of process for you.
- Check for $100 for the application fee
How do I obtain a South Dakota Money Lending Company Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.