The South Carolina Pawnbroker Bond is required by the Consumer Affairs to be in the amount of $15,000. The bond states that the bondholder will comply with the S.C. Pawnbroker Act, S.C. Code § 40-39-10, et seq. (LAW CO-OP 1986, as amend). In order to find out the cost of the surety bond, all we need is the completed application. Surety1 has access to the best surety markets available so we will be able to get you bonded quickly at the best possible price!
What are the requirements for getting a Pawnbroker registration?
- Completed application form
- Payment of $275 for the fee
- S.C. Secretary of State Certificate of Existence/Authority, if applicable
- Proof of adequate insurance coverage for all pledged goods in the event of loss by fire, theft
- Owner/Employee Verification Form for every person listed in the application form
- Criminal Background Check Attestation for every person listed in the application form
Where can I get a South Carolina Pawnbroker Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.