Click here to apply for your bond
The South Carolina Cosmetology School Bond is required by the South Carolina State Board of Cosmetology. The bond is required to be in the amount of $10,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall faithfully perform the terms and conditions of contracts. The contracts are for tuition and other fees entered into between the school and all persons enrolling as students.
What are the other requirements that must be submitted?
A cosmetology school is a place or part of a place in which cosmetology or any of its practices are taught. Some of these include the following:
- Arranging, styling, thermal curling, chemical waving, pressing, shampooing, cutting, shaping, chemical bleaching, chemical coloring, chemical relaxing, or similar work, upon the hair, wig, or hairpiece of any person, by any means, with hands or mechanical or electrical apparatus or appliances;
- Using cosmetic preparations, make-up, antiseptics, lotions, creams, chemical preparations on, or otherwise, or waxing, tweezing, cleansing, stimulating, manipulating, beautifying, or similar work on the scalp, legs, feet, face, neck, arms, hands; or
- Manicuring or pedicuring the nails of a person or similar work.
All applicants should remember that the applications and documents required must be submitted 60 days before their opening date. Some of the other requirements that must be submitted include the following:
- A completed application form
- Payment of $300 for the fee
- Floor plans drawn to scale
- Student contract
- Back-up instructor
How do I obtain a South Carolina Cosmetology School Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your South Carolina Cosmetology School Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.