A South Carolina Contractor License Bond promises that the contractor will operate their business as stated by the local or state government. Surety1 writes hundreds of Contractors License Bonds Nationwide. We also have programs available for less than perfect credit Contractors License Bonds.
What is the purpose of a South Carolina Contractor License Bond?
In lieu of providing a financial statement, contractors (both general and mechanical) may now submit a surety bond instead. The amount for the surety bond varies as it depends on the license group the applicant chooses to apply a license for. You can refer to the list below, just take note that this surety bond must be issued by a company licensed to do business in the state.
- Group 1 General Contractor ($20,000) Group 1 Mechanical Contractor ($7,000)
- Group 2 General Contractor ($80,000) Group 2 Mechanical Contractor ($20,000)
- Group 3 General Contractor ($200,000) Group 3 Mechanical Contractor ($40,000)
- Group 4 General Contractor ($350,000) Group 4 Mechanical Contractor ($80,000)
- Group 5 General Contractor ($500,000) Group 5 Mechanical Contractor ($400,000)
How do I obtain a South Carolina Contractor License Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.