The Michigan Scrap Tire Collection Site Performance Bond is required by the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, Resource Management Division. The bond ensures that the bondholder will provide financial assurance for cleanup and/or removal of scrap tires.
- Completed application form
- Payment of $200 for the Site registration fee. Send only a check or money order, no cash, it should be payable to the State of Michigan.
- Proof of ownership.
- Current site map. Take note that if you have over 2,50 scrap tires, the site map must be done by a Professional Engineer or a licensed surveyor.
- A surety bond. The bond amount must be consistent with the bonded areas depicted on the site map. If the collection site where the total number of tires stored on site is between 500 50 2500 the bond amount cannot be more than $2,500. If the total number of tires stored exceeds 2,400, please refer to the table below to help n computing the bond amount:
- Each one quarter (1/4) acre = $25,000.00
- Each one (1) acre parcel = $100,000.00
- Indoor Tire Storage Area = $2.00/square foot
How can I get a Michigan Scrap Tire Collection Site Performance Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.