The Michigan Sale of Beer, Wine & Spirits for Consumption on Site Bond is required by the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs in the amount of $1,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall follow all rules and regulations imposed by the Michigan Liquor Control Code of 1998 as amended.
Surety1 does not handle applications for the license, but we have created this checklist to help you in your application.
- Completed application
- Detailed diagram
- Certified copy of the resolution of the membership or board of directors authorizing the application
- Street closure approval, if applicable
- Escrow letter, if the event is taking place at a location where there is a liquor license currently issued
- Concession agreement, if applicable
- Payment for the license fee ($50 for each separate , consecutive day of the event for organizations established less than one year, with an additional $7.50 if the event is held on a Sunday; for organizations established for more than one year, the fee is $25 for each, separate consecutive day of the event, with an additional $3.75 for Sunday events.
How do I obtain a Michigan Sale of Beer, Wine & Spirits for Consumption on Site Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.