The Pennsylvania Private Detective Bond is required by the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, in the amount of $10,000. The bond states that the bondholder will obey all the laws of the Commonwealth as listed in The Private Detective Act of 1953.
Who needs a Pennsylvania Private Detective Bond?
Anyone wanting to practice as a Private Investigator in Pennsylvania must be licensed. The Private Detective Bond is one of the licensing requirements. The bond must be issued by a company licensed to do business in Pennsylvania.
The state provides the regulations for getting the license. A license is necessary in each county.
What are other requirements
All applicants must be at least 25 years old and must be a US citizen. They must also comply with the following requirements:
- 3 years of experience as a detective agency employee or law enforcement agency, with a rank higher than a patrolman
- No prior conviction (felony, making threats of terrorism, etc)
- Meet the necessary education and training
- Applicants must also submit the following aside the completed application form:
- fingerprint cards
- signature of 5 character references who have known you for at least 5 years
- 2 passport size photographs
- Payment of $200 for the license fee
Where can I get a Pennsylvania Private Detective Bond?
At Surety1, we make things easy for you. Start the process by completing our easy-to-navigate, free online application form. After that, one of our surety agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for the bond premium. Once you decide to move forward with us, you just need to pay the bond premium and choose your shipping options. You may choose to have your Pennsylvania Private Detective Bond mailed through USPS Priority Mail or overnight delivery.
Surety1 has been providing surety bonds since 2003 and is licensed in all 50 states. The company maintains an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau and represents over a dozen A rated surety companies
Call us toll free at 877-654-2327. We have live surety bond agents available Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 PST.