The Pennsylvania Full Agent Bond is a type of surety bond required by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). The bond amount is set at $30,000. The surety bond is required by any individual or entity that is authorized by PennDOT to issue temporary registration cards and plates. This includes:
- Motor vehicle dealers
- Issuing agents
- Messenger services
- Card agents
Full agents must obtain a $30,000 Pennsylvania Full Agent Bond for each place of business they operate. The bond ensures that the full agent will comply with all state laws and regulations governing the sale and registration of motor vehicles. It also protects the public from financial losses if the full agent fails to comply with these laws and regulations.
Here are some of the specific duties and responsibilities of a Pennsylvania Full Agent:
- Issue temporary registration cards and plates
- Collect sales tax and registration fees
- Submit accurate records to PennDOT
- Comply with all state laws and regulations
Failure to comply with these duties and responsibilities can result in fines, penalties, or suspension of the full agent’s license. The full agent may also be held liable for any damages incurred by the state or by the public as a result of their non-compliance.
How to get a Pennsylvania Full Agent Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Pennsylvania Full Agent Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant. The cost of the bond is usually between 1% and 3% of the bond amount. Surety1 will shop its many markets to procure the right price at the right terms.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
How to Get a Pennsylvania Full Agent License
You must follow these steps to obtain the license:
- Complete the Pennsylvania Full Agent Application (MV-21). This application can be downloaded from the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) website.
- Obtain a $30,000 Pennsylvania Full Agent Bond . Surety1.com has you covered
- Submit a completed Pennsylvania Full Agent Agreement to PennDOT. This agreement outlines the terms and conditions of your appointment as a full agent.
- Complete the PennDOT Motor Vehicle Agent Training Course. This course provides you with the information you need to perform your duties as a full agent.
- Pass the PennDOT Motor Vehicle Agent Examination. This exam tests your knowledge of Pennsylvania motor vehicle laws and regulations.
- Once you have completed all of the above steps, you will be issued a Pennsylvania Full Agent license. You will be required to keep accurate records of all transactions and to remit all sales tax and registration fees to PennDOT on a regular basis.
Here are some additional tips for getting a Pennsylvania Full Agent license:
- Start the application process early. The application process can take several weeks to complete.
- Gather all of the required documentation. The required documentation includes your business license, surety bond, and proof of insurance.
- Study for the examination. The examination covers a wide range of topics, so it is important to study beforehand.
- Be prepared to pay the application fees. The application fees include the cost of the surety bond, the training course, and the examination.