The Pennsylvania Credit Services Organization Bond is a type of surety bond. The surety bond is just one requirement to obtain a credit services license in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. According to the Pennsylvania Credit Services Act, P.L. 1144, No. 150, a Credit Services Organization is a person who sells, provides, or performs any of the following services in exchange for payment:
- Improving a buyer’s credit record, history, or rating
- Obtaining an extension of credit for a buyer
- Providing advice or assistance to a buyer with regards either of the above services.
Under this definition, a loan broker is considered a credit services organization and must obtain a license from the Pennsylvania Department of Banking. A loan broker in the PA is defined as a person who:
- For or in expectation of a consideration fee arranges or attempts to arrange or offers to fund a loan of money, a credit card or line of credit for personal, family or household purposes.
- For or in expectation of a consideration fee assists or advises a borrower in obtaining or attempting to obtain a loan of money, a credit card, a line of credit or related guarantee, enhancement or collateral of any kind or nature.
- Acts for or on behalf of a loan broker for the purpose of soliciting borrowers.
- Holds himself out as a loan broker.
In order to conduct business in Pennsylvania and receive payments before the full completion of the services, all Credit Services Organizations must obtain a surety bond. The Pennsylvania Credit Services Organization Bond ensures the organization’s faithful compliance with the Pennsylvania Credit Services Act. Furthermore, the bond protects any person damaged by violation of said Act.
The required amount for the Pennsylvania Credit Services Organization Bond is equal to 5% of the total amount of the credit services fees charged to buyers during the previous 12 months. The bond cannot be less than $5,000 and no more than $25,000. The required amount must be adjusted annually.
Pennsylvania Credit Services Organization Bond
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Pennsylvania Credit Services Organization Bond will be shipped to the bond principal (licensee) for the required signature prior to submitting to the PA department of Banking.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.