To become a Pennsylvania Card Agent, a business must meet the following requirements:
- Be a notary public.
- Complete the PennDOT Card Agent Training Course.
- Obtain a $3,000 Pennsylvania Card Agent Bond.
- Enter into a contract with PennDOT.
Once a business becomes a Pennsylvania Card Agent, they can provide the following services:
- Complete vehicle title applications.
- Transfer existing registration plates from one vehicle to another owned by the same customer.
Card agents can be a convenient option for customers who need to transfer their vehicle registration quickly or who are unable to visit a PennDOT Driver License Center. Card agents are typically located in businesses such as car dealerships, title companies, and insurance agencies.