The Oklahoma Tobacco Manufacturer Surety Bond is required by the Tobacco Enforcement Unit of the State of Oklahoma Office of Attorney General. All wholesalers and distributing agents are required to post a $25,000 surety bond. This bond guarantees that the bondholder, or principal, will comply with all provisions of 37 O.S.§ 600.21 et seq., and Oklahoma Tax Commission Rule 710: 70-9-4.
How do I become licensed as a Tobacco Wholesaler in Oklahoma?
A wholesaler is defined as a person, firm or corporation organized and existing, or doing business, primarily to sell cigarettes and/or untaxed tobacco products to, and render service to retailers in the territory such person, firm or corporation chooses to serve, and that:
- Purchases cigarettes and/or untaxed tobacco products directly from the manufacturer,
- At least seventy-five percent (75%) of whose gross sales are made at wholesale,
- Handles goods in wholesale quantities and sells through salespersons, advertising and/or sales promotion devices,
- Carries at all times at its principal place of business a representative stock of cigarettes and/or untaxed tobacco products for sale, and
- Comes into the possession of cigarettes and/or untaxed tobacco products for the purpose of selling them to retailers or to persons outside or within the state who might resell or retail such cigarettes to consumers.
All applicants for the license must pass the application form and pay the appropriate fees in order to receive the license.
How do I obtain a Oklahoma Tobacco Manufacturer Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.