The Oklahoma Marijuana Growers Bond is a type of surety bond required to obtain and maintain a growers license in the state. The full name of the bond is COMMERCIAL MEDICAL MARIJUANA GROWER LICENSE BOND. While there are several different marijuana license requirements in the state, the surety bond requirement only applies to commercial grower licenses.  The surety bond requirement for commercial grower licenses inOklahoma Marijuana Growers Bond Oklahoma is $50,000. The bond premium will be a small percentage of this amount. The bond is designed to protect the state from financial losses if the grower violates the law or fails to comply with the terms of their license. If a grower fails to obtain or maintain the required surety bond, their license will be revoked. They will also be ineligible to apply for a new license for one year.

How to Obtain a Oklahoma Marijuana Growers Bond

At we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:

  1. Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application1
  2. Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
  3. Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium

Once these steps have been complete, the Oklahoma Marijuana Growers Bond will be shipped to the bond principal (licensee) for signature.
1 – The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license. is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.

License Requirements

NOTE: A moratorium began Aug. 26, 2022, for new dispensary, grower and processor licenses. The moratorium end date to Aug. 1, 2026, unless OMMA’s Executive Director determines all pending licensing reviews, inspections or investigations are complete. The moratorium does not affect current licensees, who can apply for renewal.
  • Applicants must be 25 or older.
  • Individual applicants must be Oklahoma residents.
  • Members, managers, and board members of entity applicants must all be Oklahoma residents.
  • Entities must show that at least 75% ownership held by an Oklahoma resident
  • All owners and officers must provide a background check; nonviolent felony convictions in the last two years and any other felony conviction in the last five years for any owner will disqualify the applicant.
  • Unless the business entity is a sole proprietorship or general partnership, the applying entity must submit a copy of the Oklahoma Secretary of State’s certificate of good standing document. For more information, visit the Secretary of State website.
  • Applicants must supply a Certificate of Compliance for their business location.
  • Applicants must provide proof that the nearest perimeter wall is not within 1,000 feet of the property line for any public or private school.
  • All medical marijuana commercial grower licensees who operate an outdoor medical marijuana production facility are required to register with the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food, and Forestry as an environmentally sensitive crop owner. OAC 442:10-5-1(11)
  • Provide a Oklahoma Marijuana Growers Bond in the amount of $50,000.
  • Proof of identity can be established by providing a digital, color copy of one of the following unexpired, valid documents:
    • Oklahoma driver’s license (front)
    • Oklahoma identification card (front)
    • U.S. passport or other photo identification issued by the U.S. government
    • Tribal identification card approved for identification purposes by the Oklahoma Department of Public Safety:
      • U.S. Bureau of Indian Affairs identification card or Oklahoma tribal photo identification cards: Muscogee (Creek) Nation of Oklahoma, Kiowa, Comanche, Apache of Oklahoma, Absentee Shawnee, Cheyenne-Arapaho, Choctaw, Delaware, Caddo Nation of Oklahoma issued on or after Jan. 8, 2008.
  • Oklahoma residency can be established by providing a digital, color copy of a combination of the following documents that provide proof of Oklahoma residency for the duration of the 2 or 5 years:
    • Oklahoma driver’s license (front)
    • Oklahoma identification card (front)
    • Utility bills, excluding cellular telephone and internet bills
    • A residential property deed to property in the State of Oklahoma
    • A current rental agreement for residential property located in the State of Oklahoma
    • State of Oklahoma tax returns
    • Other documentation deemed sufficient by OMMA
  • Each owner will need to supply an Affidavit of Lawful Presence Form and supporting documentation if they are not a U.S. citizen.

For more information, visit the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana Authority Web Page.


How to Get Your Marijuana Growers Bond

  1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
  2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.

How to Get Bonded

1. Apply Online
Using our Free & Secure Application
2. Get Your Free Quote
Applications are No-Obligation
3. Get Your Bond
Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days

Surety Bond Experts

Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.

0 Happy Customers
Since 2003