The Ohio Used Vehicle Dealer Bond is required by the Department of Public Safety, Bureau of Motor Vehicles. The bond amount is $25,000 and is required for all who wish to be licensed as a Used Motor Vehicle Dealer in the state of Ohio.
The surety bond is used solely for the purpose of replenishing funds that have been dispersed from the Title Defect Rescission fund. This is to compensate retail purchasers of the said dealership. The surety bond must be retained the entire duration of the license.
What are the other Licensing Requirements?
- Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Application form
- Certificate of Registration from the Secretary of State
- Federal Employee Identification Number from the IRS
- A Vendors Number from the County Auditor’s office
- Certificate of Completion from the Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Training Course
- Electronic fingerprinting for the criminal history record
- A check or money order payable to the Ohio Treasurer of State for all fees
Where can I get an Ohio Used Vehicle Dealer Bond?
With Surety1, you not only get your Used Motor Vehicle Dealer Bond at the best rate possible, you also get it FAST. Through our partnership with many A-rated surety companies, we are able to offer the lowest rates in the market today.
Start the process by first completing our free, online application form. Next, one of our licensed surety agents will contact you with a quote for the bond premium. After that, pay the premium and sign any necessary paperwork. Your Ohio Used Vehicle Dealer Bond will be shipped to you by USPS Priority Mail. Overnight is available for an additional fee.
Founded in 2003, licensed in all 50 states, we continue to maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
Call us toll free at 877-654-2327. We have live surety bond agents available Monday – Friday, 8:00 – 4:30 PST. We’re glad to help.