The Ohio Auctioneer Bond is required by the Ohio Department of Agriculture Auctioneers Program/Enforcement Division. The bond is conditioned on the observance of the Ohio revised code chapter 4707 and of all lawful orders and regulations of the Ohio Department of Agriculture.
Who is required to carry an Auctioneer Bond?
This bond is required to become licensed as an auctioneer. The Ohio Department of Agriculture defines this as: “Anyone who performs the function of an auctioneer as defined in 4707.01. Under 4707.02 anyone who conducts an auction must be licensed under 4707 by the department of agriculture.”
- Properly completed application, printed or typed.
- A 2×2 inch photo (face only) taken within the last sixty (60) days.
- For initial or new applicants, a surety bond or irrevocable letter of credit is required as a part of licensure. Auctioneer Bond amount must be in the amount of $25,000.00. A ONE TIME Auctioneers Bond must be in the amount of $50,000.
- Appropriate license fee and exam fee. If you are applying at the beginning of the biennium, the auctioneer license fee is $200.00. The one-time license fee is $500.00.
- If you are qualifying by way of a regular apprenticeship, twelve completed “Certification of Participation in Auction” forms, one for each sale, endorsed by your sponsor.
- Original letter on the school’s stationary verifying your attendance at and graduation from the school.
- Current Original Certification Letter from the out-of-state licensing board. One time license applicants must provide proof of twelve auctions in the last two years.
How do I obtain an Ohio Auctioneer Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.