The North Carolina Transportation of Spirituous Liquor Bond is required by the North Carolina, Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission in order to be allowed to use motor vehicle carriers to transport alcoholic beverages over the public highways of the state of North Carolina.
What is the purpose of a North Carolina Transportation of Spirituous Liquor Bond?
The bond states that the bondholder will not unlawfully transport or deliver any alcoholic beverages within, into or through the State of North Carolina, and will conform with the Rules and Regulations of the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control Commission and the laws of the State of North Carolina regarding the transportation of alcoholic beverages. The bond is required bond amount is $ 1,000.
In order to be given a permit to transport liquor, motor vehicles must also comply with the following conditions:
- The carrier shall notify the Commission of the character of the alcoholic beverages it will transport and of its authorization from the appropriate regulatory authority.
- The carrier shall obtain, at no charge, a fleet permit from the Commission authorizing the transportation.
- The driver or person in charge of each vehicle transporting alcoholic beverages shall possess a copy of the carrier’s fleet permit certified by the carrier to be an exact copy of the original.
- The driver or person in charge of each vehicle transporting alcoholic beverages shall possess a bill of lading, invoice or other memorandum of shipment showing the name and address of the person from whom the alcoholic beverages were received, the character and contents of the shipment, the quantity and volume of the shipment, and the name and address of the person to whom the alcoholic beverages are being shipped.
- The driver or person in charge of each vehicle transporting the alcoholic beverages shall display all documents required by this section upon request of any law-enforcement officer.
- Each carrier shall keep accurate records of character, volume and number of containers transported and shall allow the Commission and alcohol law-enforcement agents to inspect those records at any time.
How do I obtain a North Carolina Transportation of Spirituous Liquor Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.