The North Carolina Private Real Estate School Performance Bond is required by the State of North Carolina Real Estate Commission. The bond amount required is $5,000. The bond states that the bondholder will provide the instruction agreed to or contracted for and should refund all amounts collection in tuition fees in case of failure on the party of the bondholder.
What is the application process for getting a Private Real Estate School License?
Before completing the application
- Select a school name
- Register with the NC Secretary of State if a business entity will own the school
- Make sure the school director satisfies the requirements set by the state
- Have a current fire inspection conducted by the fire department
- Have a draft of the proposed school bulletin
- Select instructors
- Select a CE Coordinator
- Obtain a $5,000 surety bond. Wait for the commission to tell you when to record it with the county clerk of the superior court
- Complete the Application form
- Submit the application form to the North Carolina Real Estate Commission, along with the required documents and fees.
The Commission will take a minimum of 30 days to review after receipt. Once instructed, submit your $5,000 surety bond with the clerk of the superior court in the county where your school’s administrative office is located.
Where do I get a North Carolina Private Real Estate School Performance Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.