The North Carolina Guaranty Bond is required by the North Carolina State Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners. The bond states that the bondholder shall perform its obligations to students by tendering and providing the instruction, academic services, and other goods and services related to course enrollment for which the respective students have contracted. The bond amount should be at least equal to the maximum amount of prepaid tuition held at any time by the school during the last fiscal year, but it should not be less than $10,000. The application for license should include a letter showing the calculations and the method of computing the bond amount. It must be signed by an authorized representative of the school.
What are the requirements in order to establish a Cosmetic Art School in the state?
If you want to establish a cosmetic art school in North Carolina, you must submit a completed application form, along with the following:
- $60.00 application fee;
- Proof of bond as required by GS 88B‐17;
- Diagram with location of equipment placement and marking square footage of all areas including classrooms, dispensary, water supplies, stations, locker room/dressing room, office areas, reception areas and restroom facilities;
- Course curriculum for each cosmetic art discipline and teacher trainee program to be taught in the school;
- Plans for record keeping of student hours, minimum course requirement qualifications, and student performances;
- Evaluation plans for the assignment of performance services, the qualifications for passing a
- performance requirement and techniques for grading of performances;
- Handbook for students containing student policies on attendance, leave of absence policy, performance assignment, and a plan to assist students to achieve the required minimum hours and performances;
- School uniform/identification definition;
- A raised seal identifying the school name and physical location to be used on all Board forms, reports, and other official papers;
- Documentation of local municipality electrical and plumbing approval; and
- School operation schedule including days, hours and observed holidays.
How do I obtain a North Carolina Guaranty Cosmetic Art Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.