The New York Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency Bond is a type of surety bond required by the State of New York for all security services businesses. These include guard, watch or patrol agencies.
- A private investigator is someone who conducts investigations to locate the whereabouts of missing persons, finds the location and/or recovers lost or stolen property; finds the causes and origin of, or responsibility for fires, or libels, or losses, or accidents, or injuries to real or personal property.
- A Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency meanwhile, is a company providing security services to protect individuals or property from harm, theft or other unlawful activity.
The bond amount is set at $10,000. The bond states that the bondholder will follow all rules and regulations of the provisions of Article 7 of the General Business Law.
How do I get a New York Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency License?
Along with a completed application form and the $10,000 surety bond, the following must also be submitted to the New York Department of State:
- A signed DMV Informed Consent section
- Payment of the application fee payable to the New York Department of State
- Proof of Electronic Fingerprinting
- Any additional document requested
- Passed examination slip not more than 2 years old
Applicants must also be at least 25 years old and be a principal in the business. They must also have proof of qualifying experience. The specifics of those can be found on the application packet.
How do I Get a New York Watch, Guard or Patrol Agency Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the New York Watch Guard or Patrol Agency Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.