The New York Professional Fund Raisers Bond is a type of surety bond required by the State of New York Attorney General. The bond amount is set at $10,000. It states that the bondholder shall faithfully and honestly act in accordance with the law. As well as, fully comply with the provisions of Article 7-A of the Executive Law of the State of New York.
Who needs a Professional Fund Raisers bond?
All who wish to be a Professional Fund Raiser in the state of New York must be registered. A Professional Fund Raiser is any person who plans, manages, conducts, carries on or assists in connection with a charitable solicitation. Done through direct or indirect means. With a contract, sub-contract, letter or other agreement. For compensation or other consideration. The Professional Fund Raisers Bond is one of the registration requirements.
How do I obtain a New York Professional Fund Raisers Bond?
At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:
- Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application. 1
- Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day.
- Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium
Once these steps have been completed, the Surety Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.
What are other New York Professional Fund Raisers license requirements?
In addition to the Professional Fund Raisers Bond, submit the following documents to the New York Office of the Attorney General:
- Completed application form
- $800 mandatory annual registration fee
- Current contracts with charitable organizations
- Organizing documents, amendments to organizing documents, certificates of assumed name and DBA’s
- Copies of delinquent Professional Fund Raiser Interim/Closing statements