The New York Bail Agent Bond is required by the State of New York, Division of Licensing Services. The bond ensures that the bondholder will follow all rules and regulations of the provisions of Article 7 of the General Business Law. The amount of the bond is set at $500,000.
Who needs the Bail Agent Bond?
To be a Bail Enforcement Agent in the State of New York, you must be licensed. The bond is one of the requirements in obtaining the license. A bail enforcement agent is an individual or entity who (for a fee) apprehends and surrenders individuals on bond or bail (who have failed to appear in court) to jail or to court.
What are the other requirements in order to get a Bail Agent License?
All applicants must be at least 25 years old at the time they submit an application form. They must have 3 years experience as a:
- Police officer
- Investigator in an agency of the state, country or federal government
- Employee of a licensed private investigation
- Employed at a firm, partnership, company or corporation where one member has been performing the duties described in the definition of bail enforcement agent
- 20 years of experience as a police officer or Fire Marshall
Applicants must have completed a training program not less than 25 hours as approved by the Secretary of State. Aside from the surety bond they must also submit the fingerprint requirements and all payments required for the license.
Where can I get a New York Bail Agent Bond?
You can get your surety bond here at Surety1 by completing our free online application form. One of our licensed agents will reach out to you with your free no-obligation quote. After you pay and sign the paperwork, we can send you your surety bond right away.
Surety1 can offer some of the lowest rates in the market as we have partnered with several surety companies to make that possible. We even maintain an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau for fast and efficient service to all our clients from all 50 states since our establishment in 2003.
How to Get Your New York Bail Agent Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.