Click here to apply for your bond
The New Mexico Contractor’s Excavation Bond is required by the City of Albuquerque in the amount of $10,000 for contractors getting a permit to work within City right-of-way. The bond states that the bond holder shall excavate and restore the public place in such a way as to comply with all requirements of the City’s Street Excavation & Barricading Ordinance.
What are the requirements needed to receive a permit?
Before submitting an application for the permit, the following documents must already be filed with the local government
- Certificate of Insurance of at least $2,000,000 in general liability insurance coverage
- To perform excavation work, the Contractor must have and provide a copy of a State License GF-09, GF-98, MM-98, EL-01, or EE-98.
- To perform concrete work, the contractor must have and provide a copy of a State License GA-01, GA-02, GA-03, or GA-98.
- If excavating any part of the right-of-way, the contractor must post and provide the original of a $10,000 Contractor’s Excavation Bond using the City’s approved form.
- If performing concrete work, must post and provide the original of an additional $5,000 Contractor’s Sidewalk, Curb, and Gutter Bond using the City’s approved form.
- If performing a water tap, must provide a water tapping bond associated with the activity in question.
How do I obtain a New Mexico Excavation Bond, City Of Albuquerque?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
How to Get Your New Mexico Excavation Bond, City Of Albuquerque
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.