The New Jersey Employment Agency Bond is required by the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs in the amount of $10,000 in order to obtain a license as an employment agency in the state of New Jersey. The bond states that the bondholder shall faithfully and truly fulfill all of its service or product contracts, and not file for bankruptcy or for similar protection under the law. An employment agency is any person who, through agents or otherwise, for a fee, charge or commission do the following:
- Procures, or obtains, or offers, promises or attempts to procure, obtain, or assist in procuring or obtaining employment for a job seeker or employees for an employer;
- Supplies job seekers to employers seeking employees on a part-time or temporary assignment basis who has not filed as a temporary help service pursuant to the provisions of N.J.S.A. 56:8-1.1;
- Procures, obtains, offers, promises or attempts to procure or obtain employment or engagements for performing artists;
- Acts as a placement firm, career counseling service, or resume service;
- Acts as a nurses’ registry, as defined hereinafter;
- Places health care personnel in private homes or on private duty; or
- Places household workers in domestic positions, including salaried “nannies” or “au pairs.”
Where can I get a New Jersey Employment Agency Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.