The New Jersey Driving School Bond is required by the State of New Jersey, Motor Vehicle Commission, in the amount of $10,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall not practice any fraud and shall not make any fraudulent representations which cause monetary loss to a person taking instruction from the school. The bond is one of the requirements for those who would like to establish a Driving School in the state.
What are the requirements for a New Jersey Driving School License?
A completed application form must be submitted to the Motor Vehicle Commission. Aside from that and the $10,000 surety bond, the following requirements must also be met before a New Jersey Driving School license may be issued.
- All instructors and agents must be listed on the fingerprint request notification form
- Pay the initial license fee of $250
- The driving school must have a separate office location or a home office separated from the living quarters and have its own entrance
- It cannot be located or look like it is officially associated with MVC
- The business must not be conducted from a liquor store, bar, grocery store, restaurant, tent, temporary stand, temporary address or through exclusive facilities of a telephone answering service
- The business must have a qualified instructor who has been licensed for at least two years and has finished 500 hours of behind the wheel instruction aside from a three-credit college course
- Zoning approval
- Proof of worker’s compensation for all employees
- Provide samples of expense receipts, advertisements, statement of service and proposed service agreement for pre-approval by MVC
How do I obtain a New Jersey Driving School Bond?
Complete our easy to navigate online application. Within one business day, one of our licensed agents will contact you with a no-obligation quote for your bond (the “premium”). Once any necessary paperwork is signed and the premium payment is processed, your surety bond will be shipped to you via USPS Priority Mail (overnight shipping options also available).
The surety bond experts at Surety1 are here to help you get bonded quickly and reliably. We work with over a dozen “A” rated surety markets to ensure we find you the lowest rate for your bond. We are also licensed in all 50 states and maintain an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.