The New Hampshire Utility Dealer’s Bond is required by the State of New Hampshire, Division of Motor Vehicles, in the amount of $25,000. The bond states that the bondholder shall well and truly keep and perform his obligations to purchasers who suffer loss by reason of purchase from the bondholder of a stolen motor vehicle title, which is thereby rendered defective.
The surety bond is one requirements for those applying for a Utility Dealer’s license. A utility dealer’s license is for any person in the business of selling or exchanging travel or camp trailers, utility trailers, boat trailers, semi-trailers, tractors, farm equipment, construction equipment, modular buildings and manufactured housing.
What are the requirements for a Utility Dealer’s License?
Selling under 3,001 lbs
- Original completed Application for Utility Dealer Registration
- Lease – Copy in the name of the owner/business.
- Established place of business.
- Regular business hours, 37½ per week between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Signage must be visible from a public way with 10-inch letters.
- The dealer desk sends a municipal letter to the town/city for their written recommendation approval.
Selling over 3,000 lbs
- Completed application form.
- Copy of the lease.
- Original service agreement with an approved New Hampshire Inspection station.
- Original Criminal background check for each owner for New Hampshire and state of residency.
- Surety bond of $25,000.
They must also have a permanent physical structure that has at least 750 sq. ft or is primarily dedicated to the business of selling vehicles.
Where can I get a New Hampshire Utility Dealer’s Bond?
With Surety1, you not only get the bond at the best rate possible, you also get it FAST. We are proud to say that through our partnership with many A-rated surety companies, we are able to offer the lowest rates in the market today.
The first step is to complete our easy to navigate, free online application form Next you will be contacted by one of our licensed agents with a no-obligation quote on the bond premium. Finally, when you’re ready to proceed, pay the premium and sign the necessary paperwork. Lastly, your New Hampshire Utility Dealer’s Bond will be sent right away.
Surety1 was established in 2003. We are located in California but we are licensed to issue surety bonds in all 50 states. We also have an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. Contact us today if you are looking for not just fast service but also the lowest rates.